SC Global Connections
The South Carolina Woman’s Missionary Union is working alongside the South Carolina Baptist Convention Missions Mobilization Group to connect churches with our SC field personnel serving around the world. We are in touch with about 130 families with ties to SC who are serving through the IMB and NAMB.
How will this work?
- Churches will contact the office of South Carolina WMU to be connected with a missionary for prayer.
- Churches will receive guidelines and information regarding communication and security.
- When the church agrees to the guidelines, they will be paired with a missionary. General information about the missionary will then be sent to the church.
- Once the connection has been made, the missionary will be notified and will initiate communication with the church.
Here are four things I recommend you do once you connect with our SC personnel:
- Communicate with them at least once a month. Share how things are going with your church, and family.
- Pray for them and share prayer and ministry needs with your congregation once a quarter or more often.
- Meet a need. At least once a year meet a tangible need. You can send a care package, birthday card or give on-line gift cards.
- Visit them on the field or have them in your church when they are stateside.
CLICK HERE to read of how a local pastor, Cameron DeBrew and his church connected with field personnel through SC Global Connections.
CLICK HERE to read a blog of one of our M's. Dinkins: WORLD TRAVELER, SC, KENYA, SOUTH AFRICA
Prayer Request received from our SC M's in South Asia:
*Family (as one of their Father's is in bad health).
*Deaf, seeking the truth; entry into neighboring cities to story with the Deaf.
*Wisdom for strategy planning as we continue to engage this city.
*Visa renewals for those serving here.
If you are interested in becoming a SC Global Connections Prayer Partner, please fill in the information and submit the form below.