How many lives could God touch in just One Day? Let’s find out together on November 7!
On November 7, South Carolina Baptists will be on mission, serving the city of Columbia in the name of Jesus. Volunteers will join local churches and ministries to support the work being done in their communities. You don’t have to be a messenger to the Annual Meeting to get involved in One Day!
We are asking that all volunteers check-in by 11:00 am on November 7. At that time volunteers will receive a One Day armband, and each volunteer will be required to sign a release form. Lunch will be provided for all volunteers.
Around noon we will have a big send off. Volunteers will then pick up a lunch and travel to project sites. Please note that transportation to project sites will not be provided. Volunteers will serve on site from 1:30 – 4:00. That evening everyone will gather back at Shandon for an evening celebration as we hear testimonies of how God worked through One Day.
In addition to serving on a project site, you can participate by donating copy paper for local schools and/or backpacks for children in Appalachia. For information on how to fill a backpack go to http://www.scwmu.org/backpacks. There will be collection points at Shandon Baptist Church for these items.
Locations of One Day projects:
- BCM - Prayerwalk Campuses
Join us for guided prayer walks on the campuses of the University of South Carolina, Columbia College, Allen University, and Benedict College.
- Church at West Vista – Bible distribution to 12th Street businesses
Business owners need God’s Word! Offer Bibles to local businesses. Pray for West Columbia while you walk.
- Church at West Vista – Children’s book distribution on 12th Street
Like to read? Come encourage children by giving free books to local barber shops and salons. Meet needs, share Jesus.
- Church at West Vista – Prayerwalk
Want to tear down strongholds? Start with prayer. Prayerwalk a neighborhood where a new church will begin.
- Crescent Hill Baptist Church – Prayerwalk
Help transform lives with the Gospel through conversations and prayer in one of Columbia’s areas of greatest need. Prayerwalk around apartments, houses, and businesses close to the church.
- FBC Columbia – Prayerwalk
Join us as we prayerwalk the Statehouse Grounds and cover our state lawmakers in prayer!
- First Hispanic Church – Prayerwalk
Join us as we prayerwalk and visit with members of the community around First Hispanic Church.
- Grace Fellowship Baptist Church – Prayerwalk
Join Grace Fellowship for a prayerwalk in the community.
- Greenlawn Baptist Church – VA Hospital
Join Greenlawn Baptist as they honor those who have served our nation by ministering to patients of the WJ Dorn VA Hospital & Community Living Center through visits and singing.
- God’s Storehouse – Distribute coats
Assist us as we share the warmth and love of Christ by passing out coats to men, women, and children in the First Coat Distribution.
- Good Samaritan Clinic – Block party
Minister to people at the Good Samaritan Clinic through a block party where you can use your talents to provide music, food, and games.
- Jubilee Academy – Prayerwalk and visit with children
Minister to Forest Acres residents and students attending Jubilee Academy by prayerwalking through the neighborhood and visiting with the children. Volunteers who work with the school must go through a background check with SCBC.
- Lighthouse for Life – Pass out human trafficking hotline stickers to local businesses
Join us as we pass out hotline stickers to local businesses.
- New Heights Church – SLED outreach
Members of New Heights church will minister to the State Law Enforcement Division by serving a meal to SLED employees.
- SC WMU – Collect backpacks for children in Appalachia
SC WMU is partnering with Appalachian Regional Ministries to provide Christmas backpacks for children in Appalachia. Backpacks will be collected during the Annual Meeting. Help us load the backpacks for delivery to children in need!
- Take Away Ministries – Hispanic Ladies Ministry
We will engage with people and prayerwalk through a predominately Hispanic community. Being fluent in Spanish is not required, as translators will be available.
- Temple Zion Baptist Church - Ministry to Fire Department Academy
Please join our TOPS Ministry (Treating Our Public Servants) as we minister to the staff of the Fire Department Academy by serving desserts, praying with staff, and showing the love of Jesus.
- Whispering Hope Chapel/Transport for Christ – Ministry to truck drivers
Help us share the love of Christ with truck drivers as we distribute Christian literature.
- Woodfield Park Baptist Church – Prayerwalk and neighborhood evangelism
Join us for prayerwalking and neighborhood evangelism with the intent of sharing the Gospel in a highly unchurched area.
- The Singing Churchmen – Ministry at the Broad River Correctional Facility
The Singing Churchmen will present an evangelistic concert and testimony time for inmates at the Broad River Correctional Facility. Must be a Singing Churchman to participate.
- The Gideons – Distribute Bibles
The Gideons will serve by distributing Bibles throughout the Columbia area.
Register here - Please click the button below to register.