Job Description for Assistant/Associate Pastor
Biblical References: Acts 20:28-32; 1 Timothy 3:1-7; Titus 1:5-9; 1 Peter 5:1-4
Bylaws Description of Assistant/Associate Pastor
Policy and Procedures Description of Assistant/Associate Pastor
- May be assigned a specific ministry target group to oversee.
- In absence of Interim Pastor, receive his ministerial phone calls, lead staff meetings, oversee and lead worship services, and other ministerial duties.
- Oversee all ministry counseling needs from the church membership and requests from the community.
- Pray with church members and guests who express difficulties in their life.
- Oversees the Benevolent Ministry of the church.
- Teaches regular Bible study classes.
- Visits nursing care facilities and homebound individuals/age group specific members.
- Conducts weddings and funerals for church members.
- Visits grieving church members.
- Represents the Senior Pastor at committee and ministry team meetings as requested.
- Cooperates with all staff to promote the entire ministry plan of the church.
- Serves as an effective liaison to church committees and team ministry efforts.
- Maintains a continued growth of personal calling and walk with the Lord through Bible study and prayer.
- Maintains personal priorities with home and family as the spiritual leader.
- Develops and exercises Personal Evangelism within and outside the church.
- Gives graciously to the church through tithes and offerings.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor.