Hollingsworth to be considered for SCBC Executive Director-Treasurer
A special called meeting of the South Carolina Baptist Convention will be held on Thursday, January 14, 2016 at Shandon Baptist Church, Columbia, for the purpose of considering the election of a new executive director-treasurer. The called meeting of the convention will be held 1:30 - 3:00 p.m. followed by a reception from 3:00 - 4:30 p.m. at the church.
The candidate that will be presented by the Search Committee to the messengers at this called meeting is Dr. Gary L. Hollingsworth. Dr. Hollingsworth is currently the Senior Pastor at Immanuel Baptist Church in Little Rock, Arkansas. During his 8 year tenure, Immanuel Baptist has experienced sustained growth and financial strength through his leadership. He is an aggressive supporter of church plants, has overseen the church's mission team in advancing international missions, and is a supporter of the Cooperative Program.
Other highlights of his ministerial experience include:
- Senior Director, Cultural Evangelism, North American Mission Board - 2005-2007
- Senior Pastor, First Baptist Church, Trussville, Alabama - 1995-2005
- Senior Pastor, First Baptist Church, Alexandria, Virginia - 1991-1995
- Senior Pastor, Shively Baptist Church, Louisville, Kentucky - 1989-1991
- Associate Pastor/Administration, Central Baptist Church, Oak Ridge, Tennessee - 1987-1989
- Minister to Students, Rehoboth Baptist Church, Atlanta, Georgia - 1984-1987
- Minister to Students, Dauphin Way Baptist Church, Mobile, Alabama - 1979-1981
Dr. Hollingsworth is a graduate of the University of Alabama with a BS in Recreation Administration. He holds the Master of Divinity from Southwestern Theological Seminary and a Doctor of Ministry from Southern Baptist Theological Seminary.
Dr. Hollingsworth has served in various capacities for the Alabama State Board of Missions, the North American Mission Board, the Arkansas Baptist Convention, and the New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary.
Dr. Hollingsworth is a God-led, spiritual leader, skilled with spreading the Gospel and serving Christ through evangelistic preaching, consistent church growth, supporting church plants, and providing pastoral care with a passion for church plants and church revitalization. He is a proven financial steward with a dedicated commitment to missions through support of the Cooperative Program. He has experience leading a staff to full potential by supporting individuals to maximize their God-given talents, and he has been successful as a results oriented, creative thinker with a heart for people.